You can also find the Dixio dictionary technology in e-readers and tablets. You only have to look for the Dixio logo on the e-reader box when you buy it. With Dixio, you can look up a word’s definition or translation by merely touching it as you read, without having to key it in or look it up in a dictionary or encyclopedia.
This functionality is implemented by the manufacturer of the e-reader or tablet and do not directly depend on the user, so there is no application or program that can be downloaded to the device.
We try to make sure that more and more e-readers and tablets come with Dixio technology, so we will be updating this section as it is included in more devices.
Dixio features in e-readers
- More than 100 dictionaries containing the meaning of more than 23 million words.
- It detects the language and provides the best context-specific definition.
- It is available in English, Spanish and Catalan. It will soon be available in Portuguese, Italian, French, German and many other languages.
- It can provide updated information from encyclopedic sources such as Wikipedia if the device has WiFi or 3G connection.
- Possibility of buying other dictionaries or encyclopedias compatible with Dixio through the device’s online store. Shortly available!
Devices with Dixio
Movistar ebook bq
The first e-ink e-reader with Dixio technology
Fnac e-readers use Dixio, the smart dictionary
You will find Dixio in the first e-reader that includes Diccionario de la Real Academia Española