On-site interpreting – what does it involve and how do I book it?
The advantages of hiring an on-site interpreter
- The interpreter is on site with you, enabling a conversation between two people who do not speak the same language.
- The interpreter can also interpret visual impressions.
- It makes it easier if the interpreter can see facial expressions and gestures.
- There is no risk of technical interruptions.
When is on-site interpreting best?
We particularly recommend the use of an on-site interpreter in the following situations:
- interpreting in courts, which normally involves simultaneous interpreting
- In interviews with very young children and people with mental illness or impaired hearing.
What do I need to think about when hiring an on-site interpreter?
Sit in a triangle. The interpreter should sit at the apex of the triangle, and you and the person you are speaking to should sit opposite each other so that you can have eye contact during the conversation.
What is sight translation?
Sight translation is when the interpreter translates a document orally on the spot as part of an interpreting assignment. You can book this service when booking your interpreting call.
The advantages of using our client center
If you use our client center, you can
- order interpreting services round the clock without the risk of being put on hold
- manage interpreting yourself online
- change and cancel existing bookings
- download information about your assignments
- communicate with the Semantix interpreting service.
Our client center makes booking interpreting services easier, faster and more secure.
I would like to book an on-site interpreter but I haven’t got a login. What do I do?
Fill in the form below and we will send you your login details.