About the position
The role of Localization Support Engineer is a core engineering position within the Language Solutions industry. You will be both handling technical workflow tasks within our delivery process, supporting colleagues with getting the most out of Language Technology tools, as well as driving automation. This is a role within the Technology department and as we are a distributed team you will be expected to be able to work independently and manage priorities. You will be working closely with the Manager and colleagues of your immediate team but also collaborating closely with the entire Technology group, as well as other internal teams and clients. In this role you will be reporting to the Manager of Localization Support Engineering.
- Support Operations and Sales users in a timely manner in accordance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Support the Sales and Operations team with quotes, including both production cost estimate and guidelines for best practices.
- Support localization projects with localization engineering tasks such as file validation, conversion, and creating and applying scripts.
- Work, on an ongoing basis, with the maintenance of Semantix’s localization tools, as well as dealing with problems and identifying the best solutions for Semantix.
- Work actively to ensure the continuous organizational improvement and learning when it comes to the usage Semantix’s Localization tools.
- Monitor our production tools and proactively driving improvements in the ways we use them.
- Ascertain that translation memories, term bases and machine translation engines are maintained and updated.
We are looking for a candidate who considers language a strategic asset. Someone with an engineering mindset and localization industry experience. You are customer satisfaction oriented and understand how used applications affect localization workflows and processes. You look for ways to automate tasks and enjoy figuring out how it can be done. This is a cross-functional role, so a proven ability to understand requirements from various points of view and translate them to actionable items is a must.
Our corporate language is English. However, a good command of either Swedish, Danish, Finnish, or Norwegian is beneficial.
You will be required to work from one of our Semantix offices.
Besides fulfilling the requirements mentioned above, we have identified some key-competencies that are important, both to become successful and for you to enjoy working in the position.
As a Localization Support Engineer, you will be working with client deliverables. Therefore, it is important that you are quality conscious and take pride and ownership of the output of your work. As the team is distributed and you will be working independently, you need to be self-driven and not rely on being told what needs doing.
You will be expected to work proactively with a solutions-oriented mind-set, always looking at how we can improve workflows and automate tasks.
A core part of the position is that you possess a problem-solving analytical ability. In our view, a natural part of Semantix being a leading Language Technology provider lies in our team members ability to look for solutions while considering both first and second order effects in the process.
Do you find this position interesting and matches our profile? Then we would love to receive your application! This is an ongoing application process.
You are welcome to apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please write “Application – Localization Support Engineer” in the subject. If you have, any questions or thoughts about the position please contact Carl Strand.
For Swedish applicants: Unionen representative is David Karlsson email@example.com or 090-200 88 51.